BUILDEX Amplified Call for Speakers: OPEN
Two events and double the opportunity to share ideas, knowledge and insight.
September 2021: BUILDEX will host a virtual conference, networking, and connections to top industry suppliers. Alongside the virtual conference will be in-person micro events including a series of industry-led activities in safe gathering sizes.
February 2022: BUILDEX Vancouver will host their face-to-face event live at the Vancouver Convention Centre to explore the future of design, construction and property management.
We invite groups from across construction, architecture, engineering, interior design, and real estate to submit session proposals.
Submission deadline for online September 2021: Friday, June 11 NOW CLOSED
Submission deadline for face-to-face February 2022: Friday, August 13
BUILDEX Amplified will focus on three key themes currently driving the built environment: Future Work, Carbon Reduction & Wellbeing, and Digitization & Industrialization.
- Future Work will address the crisis facing Canada’s construction workforce, changing workplaces, and the shifting nature of work itself for building industry professionals.
- Carbon Reduction & Wellbeing programming and activations will explore opportunities for the building industry to tackle climate targets as well as issues impacting community, employee and individual wellbeing.
- Digitization & Industrialization will examine how design, construction, and real estate will be further transformed by the convergence of technology, automation and mechanization on the built environment.
Can you share your expertise through an educational presentation, or curate a panel of key opinion leaders? Perhaps you excel at facilitating workshops, or hosting debates. Speakers, moderators and facilitators are all invited to apply!
Why not use the virtual conference of BUILDEX Amplified to your advantage and do deliver something different? Invite an international colleague to present with you, split your session into two parts across BUILDEX’s September and February events, or virtually tour a project, site or plant. Don’t be afraid to get creative, techy or unusual.
Topics of Significant Interest:
- Building Envelope Solutions
- Commercial Interiors, Space and Trends
- Deconstruction, Designing for Disassembly and The Circular Economy
- Environmental Social Governance in the Built Environment
- Energy Efficiency & Performance, Electrification and Electrified Systems
- Health and Wellness in Design
- Innovation, Automation and Digitization in Design & Construction
- International Projects with High Relevance to the BC Market
- Labor, Talent, The Canadian Construction Workforce and Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
- Leadership and Business Management
- Legal, Risk Management, Regulation and Code Updates
- Multi-Residential and Affordable Housing
- Mass Timber Construction
- Optimizing Building Performance and Asset Value
- Offsite, Pre-Fabrication and Modular
- Professional and Personal Skills Development
- Project Planning, Delivery, Management and Collaboration
- Retrofits, Repurposing and Existing Assets
- Smart & Intelligent Buildings, IoT and Proptech
- Sustainable, High Performance and Net Zero Buildings
- Workplace Strategy and Workplace Design
- Urban Space, Urban Design and Community Wellbeing
Committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable industry
We are committed to making the design, construction, and real estate industries more diverse, inclusive and equitable. We ask that you give this consideration when submitting your session; we want to ensure representation in all areas (e.g. gender, race, ethnicity, ability, education, expertise, backgrounds, disciplines, industry, etc.) across our seminar program and the show.