1. ESTABLISH GOALS & OBJECTIVES
“If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra
2. SELL YOUR COMPANY
Use your company logo; what type of image suits your company? (Quality, high-tech, established, contemporary, sporty, traditional, trendy?)
3. USE PROFESSIONAL, ATTRACTIVE GRAPHICS/SIGNAGE
Graphics need to say:
- Who you are
- What you do
- Benefits of your products/services
- Stress one benefit only
4. SELECT THE PROPER SETTING FOR YOUR PRODUCT:
Colour can create many involuntary physiological & psychological messages.
- Blue has a calming effect. (Brings text to the foreground and stimulates people to make quick decisions.)
- Red is emotionally charged and hard for the eye to process. Don’t overuse it.
- Yellow is the best attention-grabber.
- Green is positive & calming.
- Orange associated with enthusiasm, fascination, creativity and success.
- Gold, silver & platinum symbolize premium.
- Black represents power.
Lighting accentuates products & creates moods.
5. INVITE PEOPLE TO YOUR EXHIBIT AND THE SHOW
Mail or hand out the complimentary passes provided with the Exhibitor Manual, conduct other forms of pre-show promotion, broadcast fax, email, etc.
6. BUILD, BUY OR RENT A BACKDROP OR ENCLOSURE
Ensures a professional, functional display. Exhibitors are required to have a structure in front of the curtains.
7. CARPET YOUR EXHIBIT SPACE (MANDATORY)
Colour & quality compliment the image you want to portray. Alternate forms of flooring are also popular: Hardwood, tiles, etc.
8. INCORPORATE GREENERY IN YOUR EXHIBIT
- Accentuates graphics
- Hides electrical wiring
- Adds life & colour
9. INVOLVE PEOPLE IN YOUR EXHIBIT
Moving objects, videos, robots, mannequins, banners & flags will all grab delegates’ attention. Be guided by the image you want to convey.
10. CREATE AN INFORMAL OR FORMAL CLOSING AREA
Furniture: Tables should be used on the sides for displays and not create a barrier between the booth and the aisle. You want to “invite” delegates into your exhibit. Minimize chairs; used for delegates only and create a comfort zone to close those deals.
MORE GREAT TIPS:
- Have a Pre-show meeting with staff (establish goals, scheduling, etc).
- Plan giveaways and promotions to generate leads. Give away your own service or product to qualified leads.
- Instill some friendly competition among your staff AND teamwork – ensure your exhibit has more impact than your competitor’s!